Engcon's new compactor plate excavator attachment can be used in combination with tiltrotators
Engcon has launched a new compactor plate for excavators in the 12 to 24 tonnes size class. The PC6000 compactor plate has been adapted for use with a tiltrotator, increasing the excavator's efficiency while reducing the risk of personal injury.
Combining a compactor plate with an excavator is becoming more common for soil compaction because it reduces the number of machines or tools required for the task. Personal safety has also been increased by removing the need to have a person with a hand operator compactor in a shaft risking the collapse of walls due to vibrations or a chain or strap breaking while lifting equipment.
The working area has also increased as it is possible to rotate and angle the compactor plate so that it follows the lines of the ground.
"Yes, now we've increased the flexibility of the excavators so that the excavator operator can tilt and rotate the compactor plate. Among other things, it's possible to compress around slopes and wells, without constantly having to change the position of the machine. This means that the excavator can perform more types of work," says Johan Johansson, designer and project manager at Engcon.
Engcon's EC-Oil automatic quick coupler system is standard on the new compactor plate PC6000.
"The hydraulics are connected automatically with EC-Oil, which means that the driver saves time and money and increases safety by not having to go out to connect tricky and dirty connections manually. If it is rainy, cold and snowy, comfort is significantly increased," says Johansson.
Features of Engcon's PC6000 excavator compactor plate:
- Low flow requirement means that the PC6000 can be driven via the tiltrotator's extra hydraulics.
- In combination with a tiltrotator, greater access is provided, and it becomes easier to perform more types of work.
- No personnel needed in a shaft minimizes the risk of personal injury, which can occur if the shaft wall collapses due to the vibrations.
- No lifting with hand-operated compactor plates that can be dropped or swung into workers or the surrounding area.
- The attachment has fewer hoses that can wear out or break due to the fact that no leakage oil line is needed.
- A screwable gate makes it easy to change to another coupler system.