Western Star’s rugged trucks on display at World of Concrete
Western Star is showcasing a variety of vocational products and options at the 2016 World of Concrete. But the “Western Star Trucks Get Tough Challenge” puts drivers behind the wheel to experience the Western Star difference.
The sixth annual ride-and-drive event, which takes place in the Gold Lot at the Las Vegas Convention Center, takes contestants along a short course in their choice of Western Star truck and scores them on a 50-point scale. All entrants receive Western Star prizes.
“Once they get in a Western Star truck, drivers appreciate the comfort, maneuverability and power that defines the Western Star brand,” said Ann Demitruk, vice president of marketing for Western Star. “Last year we had more than 250 drivers compete in the challenge, and this year we’re expecting even more. Come to the Get Tough Challenge and experience what Western Star is all about.”
Western Star will feature several of its vocational trucks and product options in the Gold Lot, including:
- A 4700SB wallboard truck equipped with a Detroit DD13 engine and Allison 4500 Rugged Duty Series (RDS) transmission
- A 4700SB crane truck equipped with a Detroit DD13 engine and Eaton Fuller transmission
- A 4700SF mixer with a Detroit DD13 engine and Allison 4700 RDS transmission
- A 5700XE with a Detroit DD15 engine and Eaton Fuller transmission
- A 6900XD with a Detroit DD16 engine and Allison 4700 RDS transmission
The Western Star Optimus Prime truck, star of the “Transformers: Age of Extinction” movie, will also be on display at the World of Concrete.
To compete in the “Western Star Trucks Get Tough Challenge” participants must have a current CDL, and can register in the Gold Lot. The event hours are 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on Feb. 2 through Feb. 4, 2016.
4747 N. Channel Ave.