Perkins rebrands to better align with sustainable power goals
Perkins has rebranded to better show its commitment to helping users challenge conventional wisdom and explore new ways to achieve power and climate-related goals.
"The world's transition to a lower-carbon future is driving our customers to solve problems in dramatically different and often more complicated ways than they have faced in the past," said Steve Ferguson, president of Perkins. "So, Perkins is transforming to help them solve those problems."
Since its founding, Perkins has manufactured over 22 million engines – with more than 4.5 million in use in over 5,000 different applications today.
Perkins' new brand strategy aims to communicate a clear promise: to deliver smarter solutions to advance sustainable power. The new brand also looks to showcase a renewed sense of purpose rooted in helping users build and power a better, more sustainable world.
Perkins has adopted a new tagline – "Together, we power ahead" – along with a bolder visual identity and communications approach. Perkins says that the adventurous spirit of founder Frank Perkins and Perkins' heritage of exploration, will help better inform and engage users as they work to overcome challenges and progress toward their power and sustainability goals.
"This rebrand marks a major milestone in Perkins' history – a transformational moment that will help define our industry's future and give us all a chance to make an enduring impact on humanity," Steve continued. "And in an increasingly competitive battle for top talent, that's an incredibly attractive incentive: the opportunity to relentlessly challenge the status quo; tackle the most difficult technical, operational, and environmental problems we face today; and invent new sustainable technologies and systems our customers need now."
Over recent years, Perkins has made transformational changes spanning its worldwide operations, innovation strategy, research and development, and product and service offerings, including aftermarket support.
"We're excited to partner with customers and unlock opportunities to push past what's possible in ways only Perkins can," added Jaz Gill, vice president of global sales, marketing, service, and parts at Perkins.
Perkins is developing and optimizing a portfolio of advanced power products and service solutions that are designed to help manage the energy transition to a more sustainable, lower-carbon future, including:
- 48-, 300-, and 600-volt lithium-ion battery solutions with modular designs and factory-installed telematics that Perkins is developing to optimize performance and packaging in off-highway applications.
- E.U. Stage V and U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final industrial diesel engines and industrial open power units (IOPU).
- A full range of engines that, without modification, can use a wide range of lower-carbon intensity drop-in fuels such as hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO) and biodiesel.
- Configurable integrated, end-to-end diesel-electric hybrid powertrains, suitable for a wide range of off-highway applications.
- Connectivity solutions with hardware reading important engine data that is displayed as timely insights.
- Aftermarket capabilities promoting sustainability through improved fuel efficiency and prolonged machine life cycles, such as Perkins Hypercare packages and overhaul kits to full replacement engine solutions.