TII Group showcasing new products at CONEXPO
The TII Group, a leading manufacturer of heavy transport vehicles, is presenting its products at the CONEXPO fair in Las Vegas.
On an area of around 3600 square feet, the TII Group will be informing visitors about its big variety of products for the North American market. Apart from the offroad portfolio of world-record holding Self-Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMT) and the robust industrial lift and shipyard transporters, the TII Group offers a variety of products tailored to the customers demands in transport on public roads and beyond. The dual lane trailer WideCombi as well as the HighwayCombi and the HighwayTrailer perfectly match these demands. Modular systems like the NICOLAS MHD, the SCHEUERLE-KAMAG K25 which can be coupled with competitor brands or the SCHEUERLE InterCombi allow all sorts of variations for every imaginable transport purpose. No matter if it’s road transportation or logistic solutions for plant constructions, slag or scrap handling, for shipyard or mining environments – if there is an challenging transportation task, the TII Group has a solution for it.
One of the exhibits on display at the CONEXPO is the SCHEUERLE HighwayTrailer. This Highway Trailer is the ideal solution for the North American market offering super-lightweight construction. The special construction of the central middle frame provides the vehicle with a very high degree of stability and load-bearing capacity in spite of the lightweight construction. On request, the HighwayTrailer is available in a telescopic version. Its hydraulic suspension and the lowest tare weight of its class make payloads up to 235.000 lbs easy to move. The impressive loading length of up to 100 feet guarantees a versatile use. Available with hydraulic gooseneck or trailer equipment, the SCHEUERLE HighwayTrailer offers the maximal combination of lightweight and efficiency. The HighwayTrailer has been presented at the Bauma 2013 for the first time and has met a great demand since then. The presentation at the CONEXPO in Las Vegas is the first one on an US-fair.
Apart from the SCHEUERLE HighwayTrailer, a four axle WideCombi PowerBooster will be on display. Tailored to the American market in respect to legislation and road conditions, the WideCombi allows to adjust the width of the vehicle to match the width of the load as well as to achieve an optimized distribution of the load on the underground. To achieve an ideal deadweight/payload ratio, the WideCombi is built in the rigid and light split type variation. A gooseneck or a towbar serves as connection to the tractor. The SCHEUERLE WideCombi relies on the proven SCHEUERLE pendulum axle technology – by the way, the first pendulum axle technology was invented and introduced by SCHEUERLE in the 1956. The hydraulic cylinders in these axles guarantee a high suspension as well as a high lifting range in order to drive under jacked loads and lift them. The SCHEUERLE pendulum axle technology offers, in combination with the easy and precise steering, an excellent manoeuvrability as well as a steering angle of up to 60° degree. The PowerBooster version of the WideCombi offers all the 5-in-one-solution advantages discussed below.
Another exhibit on display at the TII Group booth is the SCHEUERLE-KAMAG K25 PowerBooster. The versatility of the SCHEUERLE-KAMAG K25 PowerBooster is, in fact, impressing – basically it is a five-in-one solution.
1. The trailer is equipped with drive axles and can be fully towed at 50 miles/h. Before driving on a critical incline, the driver starts the PPU. As soon as the tractor no longer has sufficient power to manage the incline, i.e. the speed drops below 9 miles/h, the driving gear starts automatically, thus providing sufficient thrust. Once the incline has been mastered, the additional driving gear shuts off automatically and speed can be increased again.
2. After the driving gear is switched off, the drive unit can achieve a speed of 50 miles/h in the transport combination. The K25 PB also distinguishes itself through its sturdy chassis construction, +/- 300 mm axle compensation and 60° steering angle.
3. During in-plant tasks, the self-propelled unit with PPU – with or without K25 platform trailer – can be uncoupled from the tractor and controlled as self-propelled transport combination via a mobile control unit. This remote controls the hydrostatic drive, lifting and lowering functions, hydraulic steering as well as the brake system.
4. A further possibility for the in-house transport is the, mechanically coupled, side-by-side combination. Due to the wide supporting base, payloads with a high centre of gravity can be transported.
5. The PowerBooster can be used as a traction unit at the front or as a thrust machine at the rear part of extremely long combinations (with or without decks). With all these different kind of possible combinations the PowerBooster is an all-rounder of the heavy duty transport.