Metso Outotec's truck body is designed to maximize the availability and performance of haul trucks while reducing the costs for service and maintenance.
The innovation combines the benefits of rubber and a high-strength steel structure was launched in 2019 and is well-received by customers. Recently, one of the world's largest copper mines decided to invest in a Metso Outotec truck body. It is the first order globally for a truck with loading capacity of 360 tons and the first in Americas.
"We will supply a truck body with lower weight and major volume capacity compared to the OEM body. We can prove with objective calculation the benefits the customer is going to receive, such as fuel savings, less maintenance, more uptime, the possibility to increase payload on each hauling, as well as improving the truck body's life. All these benefits are answering to growing demand for environmental efficiency," says Alfredo Rios, Business Support Manager, Loading and Hauling, Americas, Metso Outotec.
Key benefits of Metso Outotec truck body include:
- Up to 30 percent lighter than a conventional steel-lined truck body.
- Lower fuel consumption per hauled tonne, less CO2 emissions.
- The rubber lining lasts up to 300 percent longer than conventional steel lining, drastically reducing the need for maintenance.
- Modular design makes the lining easier to install and maintain.
- Noise cut in half; vibrations reduced by up to 97 percent, which significantly improves the working environment for truck drivers.
- Available for all common truck models.
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.