SPOT satellite messenger features customized tracking, improved mapping and increased durability
Globalstar Canada Satellite, a company specializing in satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies, has released SPOT Gen4, the next generation of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger. SPOT Gen4 offers more tracking features in a new enhanced mapping interface, improved product specifications for water resistance and a new carabiner with strap to complete the modern industrial design.
The SPOT Gen4 is part of an award-winning product portfolio that provides an affordable and vital line of communication with friends, family, colleagues and the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) using GPS location and satellite connectivity powered by Globalstar.
"The new SPOT Gen4 complements the SPOT family of products, providing an affordable, easy-to-use solution for outdoor recreation and adventure enthusiasts, as well as lone and remote workers who travel beyond the reach of reliable cell coverage," said Jim Mandala, Vice President, Globalstar Canada Satellite Co. "SPOT Gen4 is a pocket-sized, rugged device that provides users with a wide range of satellite communications functionality including enhanced tracking through a robust SPOT Mapping interface for added value and peace of mind."
SPOT Gen4 features include the following:
- Enhanced Design - The new Gen4 has a sleek new look with improved grip and design features that snap in place to securely cover the Help and S.O.S. buttons. It's rugged, portable and includes a new multi-use carabiner and strap.
- Upgraded IP68 Rating - Offers increased water resistance, up to 30 minutes at two meters in water.
- Motion Activated Tracking - SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas in SPOT Mapping.
- Battery Life - The new Gen4 offers the longest battery life in the product category far surpassing performance of alternative battery powered GPS messengers.
- SPOT Mapping - Live and historical map views to view or share your SPOT locations for a minimum of three years. Optional upgrades available to meet user-defined mapping needs.
- Map Layers - Select from several options to view your map in light or dark mode, satellite, open street map or terrain.
- Alerts - User set and system generated for emergency or custom messages, new movement, no movement, check in and help.
- Shared View Improvement - Unlimited shared views with easy interface to share a location.
- Customized Position Icons - Ability to distinguish location points by SPOT product or user that adds a variety of in field and remote management of resources.
- Geofencing - Allows users to create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts.
Around the globe over 7,000 rescues have been attributed to SPOT satellite technology, with approximately 30% taking place in Canada. SPOT Gen4 offers safety assurance with a push button S.O.S. notification, connecting users via GPS location to the GEOS IERCC that dispatches local search and rescue. SPOT provides ubiquitous satellite coverage, including Canada, United States, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Northern and Southern Africa, South America and North-Eastern Asia as well as hundreds of thousands of miles offshore.
More from Construction Technologies
A bottleneck of haulers waiting to be loaded is inefficient. Idle machines burn unnecessary fuel, increase maintenance costs and decrease resale values when you're ready to trade them in.
When you pair the new Volvo EC950F crawler excavator and A60H articulated hauler, you can load trucks faster. The EC950F can utilize a 10-yard bucket to fill a 60-ton capacity A60H in only four passes — reducing passes lowers fuel consumption and drastically speeds up cycle times to keep your haulers moving. See how the massive EC950F and A60H improve cycle times and more to boost your profitability.