Smartload technology spreading across JLG telehandler line
Popular accessories remain top optional equipment for customers
Currently available for the 1644 and 1732 high capacity telehandlers, SmartLoad Technology - featured by JLG Industries, Inc. at the ARA Showin Anaheim, California - will be available as an option on all JLG telehandlers over the next 12 months. SmartLoad is an advanced bundle of three integrated technologies that work together to increase operator confidence and optimize productivity. This award-winning system includes automatic attachment recognition, a load management information system and a load stability indicator.
The automatic attachment recognition allows a telehandler to identify an attachment and display the appropriate load chart to the operator. The load management information system (LMIS) graphically depicts the location of the load within the load chart and assists the operator in navigating the boundaries of the chart. Finally, the load stability indicator (LSI) works in conjunction with the LMIS to limit operation when a load becomes non-compliant.
"Having access to real-time load data gives operators added confidence on the jobsite," said John Boehme, JLG senior product manager, telehandlers. "SmartLoad Technology can also save fleet owners from costly repairs that can occur when the machine is overloaded."
SmartLoad is just one of many innovative accessories and attachments available for JLG telehandlers. Other optional technologies include:
• JLG G5-18A attachments, including side shifting carriage, dual fork positioning carriage, dual bailing tine carriage, coupler mounted lifting hook, coupler mounter auger and auger bits
• Non-marking tires featuring excellent wear characteristics while providing protection against marking of sensitive areas
• Fork-mounted extendable truss designed for lifting and placing objects around the jobsite, which is ideal for metal building erection, setting wooden trusses, putting up post frame buildings and other "low rise" applications
• Turf tires for JLG G5-18A telehandlers. Designed to be turf-friendly, these tires provide excellent traction and flotation with minimal ground disturbance, and are ideal for grounds maintenance at sports complexes and golf courses
• Tire handler, which increases productivity by reducing or eliminating the manual labor involved with mounting, removal or handling — attachment is currently available for JLG 1644 and 1732 high-capacity telehandlers
• Positive air shut off which is an ideal system for applications where flammable materials could potentially be drawn into the air intake system, resulting in potential engine damage
The expansion of SmartLoad across the JLG Telehandler line, in addition to the variety of attachments and features available for this award-winning equipment is the direct result of customer feedback.
For more information on JLG SmartLoad Technology, check out this video.
More from Attachments
The all-new CASE TR340B compact track loader — operating at 90 horsepower with a 3,400-pound rated operating capacity — is the most powerful radial-lift CTL in the CASE lineup. Its all-new 8-inch LCD display improves on industry-leading CASE visibility with a new backup camera that is viewable in both forward and reverse operation. The display also showcases critical operating information and "trip" details. All-new electro-hydraulic controls, managed through the display, make it easier than ever for operators to dial CASE CTLs into specific application demands. All new cab controls and joysticks make the new TR340B easy to own and operate.
Industries such as construction, mining, energy, utilities and forestry, face many challenges when it comes to tracking assets and employees. Equipment often has to be transferred between locations, or monitored while it is dormant during off seasons. Lone workers may have to travel long distances or visit multiple sites during the course of their activities. And, all of this is further complicated today with shifting supply chains and economic realities putting further strain on the bottom line.