Kubota Canada Ltd. to construct new facility in Pickering, Ontario
Owing to its growing success in Canada, Kubota Canada Ltd. (KCL) will be moving its operations to a new facility located in Pickering, Ontario, by the end of 2019. As part of KCL's ongoing commitment to deliver high-quality products and top-tier customer service, the new facility will be designed to house its Head Office and Warehouse operations. KCL has continuously operated in Canada from Markham, Ontario, since 1975, and this project marks a new opportunity for the brand.
"In Canada, the construction, agriculture, commercial and residential sectors are all highly competitive markets, which gives us the motivation to strengthen our leadership among Canadian customers and dealers. It had become obvious that we needed a new state-of-the-art facility to ensure we could live up to our commitments to meet the increasing needs of our growing customer base," said Bob Hickey, President of KCL. "We are very thankful for the trust our dealers and customers place in our products and services."
The new Pickering facility in numbers
- Surface area: 565,500 square feet, with the possibility of increasing to 1,000,000 sf in the future.
- Financial investment: approximately 67 million CAD for the land and building.
- Employment: KCL plans to grow employment from 190 current employees to 250 employees by 2027.
- Fall 2018: Construction expected to begin.
- End of 2019: KCL starts moving its offices to its new location in 2 phases.
- Phase 1: Head Office and Wholegoods.
- Phase 2: Parts.
- Facility features: enhanced testing, training and increased warehousing areas with room for future expansion.
"Pickering was selected as our future Head Office location because it provides a great sense of community and lends itself perfectly to our growing technological advancements," continued KCL's president. "Our new location will enable us to have easy access to highways, affordable housing for our employees, as well as to equipment testing and training areas."
"We would also like to express our sincere thanks to Mayor Ryan as well as to other City of Pickering officials for welcoming KCL and making this project possible. Lastly, we wish to thank the City of Markham for helping to bring KCL to where it is today," concluded Mr. Hickey.