Two major truck events in September
NTEA Truck Product Conference, and Business and Market Planning Summit
NTEA Truck Product Conference
Gain direct access to new model chassis and the engineers who design them at the National Truck Equipment Association’s New Model Truck Product Conference (TPC), scheduled Sept. 13–15, 2010 at the Hyatt Regency Dearborn (Dearborn, MI). This members-only event is the place to see new model year changes firsthand; learn key information on specifications and design; and gain details on critical issues affecting the industry.
Also, NTEA members can take advantage of the opportunity to network with other industry professionals; look under the hood of new models; and learn how chassis manufacturers are resolving challenges.
Participating chassis manufacturers include:
· Ford Commercial Truck
· Freightliner Trucks
· General Motors Fleet and Commercial Operations
· Hino Trucks
· International Truck
· Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc.
· Kenworth Truck Company
· Ram Trucks
· Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc.
· Western Star Trucks
NTEA members can register for the Truck Product Conference on or before Sept. 3, 2010 to take advantage of early bird conference discounts of $99. After Sept. 3, registration costs increase to $119.
NTEA Business and Market Planning Summit
Leading economists will present critical business planning and economic forecast information affecting the work truck industry at the National Truck Equipment Association’s Business and Market Planning Summit, scheduled Sept. 16, 2010 at the Hyatt Regency Dearborn (Dearborn, MI).
The Summit brings together the nation’s top economists from some of the world’s most respected companies to present industry projections, sales trend insights and economic forecasts on national and regional growth. Attendees will find answers to issues affecting the industry and their firm, and gain valuable strategic planning tools and resources.
Business and Market Planning Summit speakers and topics include:
· North American Macroeconomic Forecast: Mark Vitner, Senior Economist & Director of Corporate Investment Banking, Wachovia Corporation (Charlotte, NC) — Learn the macroeconomic forecasts for the U.S., Canadian and Mexican economies.
· North American Construction Industry Forecast: Charles Yengst, President, Yengst Associates, Inc. (Wilton, CT) — Hear the forecast for the North American construction industry.
· North American Commercial Truck Industry Forecast: Kenneth Kremar, Principal, Industry Forecast Practices Group, Global Insight (Eddystone, PA) — Hear the forecast of North American truck sales for the work truck and trailer industry.
· Truck Equipment Market Outlook, Domestic and International:
Steve Latin-Kasper, Market Data and Research Director, National Truck Equipment Association (Farmington Hills, MI) — Review the truck equipment segment of the industry, including prospects in terms of truck and trailer sales, equipment sales, application markets, leading indicators and foreign trade.
Register for the Business and Market Planning Summit by Sept. 3, 2010
to take advantage of early bird conference discounts of $249 members and $299 nonmembers. After Sept. 3, registration costs increase to $299 members and $349 nonmembers.
For more information or to register for these events, visit www.ntea.com or call 1-800-441-NTEA (6832).