Brandt donates $500,000 to 14 non-profits around the globe
The Brandt Group of Companies is supporting local and national charities with total funding commitments of $500,000. For the third consecutive year, Brandt hosted an online holiday celebration with more than 6,000 employees around the world. The event concluded with the announcement of a $500,000 fund that saw employees voting for charitable organizations that matter to them. The results of this vote then drove the distribution of funds to 14 nonprofit organizations across Canada, the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand.
"We are very grateful for the faithful support of our customers, our employees, and the communities in which they live and work," says Brandt Senior Vice President of Marketing, Matt Semple. "Brandt's Thanks A Billion Holiday Fund is our way of saying ‘Thank You' and no time of the year could be better-suited for that than the holiday season."
As the company has grown significantly in the past few years, so too has the total size of the Thanks A Billion Holiday Fund, which has doubled since the program's first year in 2020. This year's recipients, by country, include:
Canada ($275,000 CAD)
- Canadian Cancer Society $127,000
- Ronald McDonald House Charities $74,000
- Red Cross: Ukraine Humanitarian Support in Canada Appeal $37,000
- MS Society of Canada $27,000
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind $10,000
US ($75,000 USD)
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital $37,500
- Illinois Cancer Care $19,500
- Wounded Warrior Project $18,000
Australia ($75,000 AUD)
- The Royal Flying Doctor Service $37,000
- Ronald McDonald House Charities $23,000
- Rural Aid $15,000
New Zealand ($75,000 NZD)
- Cancer Society New Zealand $41,000
- New Zealand Rural Support Charitable Trust $25,500
- Heart Foundation New Zealand $8,500
"It is exciting to see our employees get involved in how the holiday fund is distributed," concludes Semple. "The charities they've chosen to support this year are having a huge positive impact on the lives of people, both on a local level and around the world."
2022 marks the 11th anniversary of Brandt's Thanks A Billion program. Since its inception, over $22 million has been invested in local communities and community partners across the company's footprint.