Sierra Heavy Duty line for 2024 adds luxurious and advanced Denali Ultimate
Technology, comfort and performance are central to the 2024 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty pickup line, which features some new trim levels that will add luxury and off-road capability to the popular and powerful truck selection.
GMC will bring the first-ever Denali Ultimate to the Sierra Heavy Duty range, featuring premium luxury features, turbocharged pulling power and elevated technology, including trailering assistance. Later in the model year, offroad enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the addition of the Sierra HD AT4X trim as well.
"The new and enhanced 2024 Sierra HD builds on an already winning foundation," said Daniella D'Souza, Director of Buick & GMC Canada. "This truck elevates the HD segment with the introductions of the Denali Ultimate trim and will soon add the seriously off-road capable AT4X trim, further strengthening the GMC truck portfolio."
The 2024 Sierra HD lineup includes 2500HD and 3500HD models, in Regular Cab, Extended Cab and Crew Cab configurations — with dual-rear-wheel models available on 3500HD. Available trims include Pro, SLE, SLT, AT4, Denali and Denali Ultimate, with the AT4X trim coming later in the model year.
Duramax Turbo Diesel refined and improved for 2024
The available enhanced 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, paired with the 10-speed Allison transmission, now delivers 470 hp (at 2800 rpm) and 975 lb.-ft. (at 1600 rpm), offering more power across the entire operating speed range. Specifically, low-end torque production increases up to 25 percent, compared to the current model, for improved towing performance.
Additional changes and upgrades were designed to produce a more efficient combustion and enhance overall performance. This latest iteration of the Duramax engines adds additional refinements including:
- An all-new, more efficient turbocharger with improved efficiency to boost low-end torque
- Increased power and torque over the entire operating speed range
- Improved engine braking with a more powerful turbo vane actuator and uprated valve springs
- New cylinder heads with improved cooling jackets
- An all-new combustion system within the heads that's matched with next-generation, higher-flow injectors and greater fuel injection pressure
- All-new engine controller
Sierra HD's standard 6.6-litre gas engine has been paired with the Allison 10-speed automatic transmission, replacing the previous six-speed automatic, allowing the gas engine to hold closer to its peak power of 401 horsepower and 464 lb.-ft. of torque for longer periods.
Advanced trailering assist leads technology portfolio
The 2024 Sierra HD will also offer our most available trailering assistance technologies in GMC's HD class through the available ProGrade Trailering System. The ProGrade Trailering System includes a suite of available intelligent trailering assistance technologies designed to help streamline the hitching and towing process, with integrated tools that help enhance customers' feelings of safety, confidence and visibility including these new enhancements:
- Available Enhanced, Transparent Trailer View For Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Trailering: Allows the driver to virtually "see through" the trailer. Using the camera mounted on the rear of the truck and an accessory camera on the back of the trailer, it pieces together a view of the area behind the truck and trailer as if the trailer was not there, helping to improve visibility. An enhanced version of this technology for model year 2024 enables compatibility with gooseneck and fifth-wheel trailers.
- Available Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert: Extends side blind zone alerts to include the blind zone areas around the trailer.
- New GCW Alert: This all-new feature warns the driver if the vehicle and trailer weight exceed the vehicle's Gross Combined Weight Rating.
- New, Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Trailering: Allows the Sierra HD's available Adaptive Cruise Control to be used while trailering and to account for additional drag and increased braking distances when towing a trailer.
In total, the 2024 Sierra Heavy Duty offers up to 14 available camera views that include Hitch Guidance, Bed View, Rear Side View and more.
In the cabin, the new, available 13.4-inch diagonal tablet-style touchscreen offers a user-friendly, customizable experience. An available multicolour, 15-inch-diagonal head-up display, and a new available 12.3-inch-diagonal digital instrument cluster are also added to in the 2024 model year.
Denali Ultimate gives premium performance
The first ever Sierra HD Denali Ultimate is the most premium, luxurious and technologically advanced Sierra HD yet, equipped with unique enhancements to the overall design and premium interior appointments, more standard technologies and offering turbocharged performance with the available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel and Allison 10-speed transmission.
The Denali Ultimate is distinguished by an exterior featuring a unique grille and GMC badging in the exclusive Vader chrome, along with exclusive 20-inch Ultra-bright machined aluminum wheels with high gloss black accents, and unique fender badging featuring topography of Mount Denali, the highest point in North America. Additionally, Denali Ultimate will include Six-way MultiPro Tailgate with a standard Kicker audio system. Power assist steps also come standard.
Inside, Denali Ultimate's exclusive Alpine Umber interior reaches new heights of premium luxury and comfort in a Heavy-Duty truck. Full-grain leather appointments and open-pore Paldao wood meticulously adorn the interior trim. The wood's darkened finish creates a distinctive colour blend, while the unique graining adds bespoke attention to detail.