Giatec hosts virtual Net Zero Construction Conference on sustainable concrete
Giatec will be kicking off a premier virtual event, the Net Zero Construction Conference, on January 28th, 2021. The one-day conference will bring together top leaders from North America and around the world to discuss the trends and technologies that are driving sustainable construction forward.
Attendees will hear from experts from major organizations like the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Lafarge, Skanska, National Research Council of Canada, U.S. Concrete, and more.
Topics to be covered include:
- Sustainable Construction Practices That Pay Off with Kiewit Sustainability Coordinator Ben Everswick
- The Drive to Net Zero: Going from "Talking the Talk" to "Walking the Walk" with LaFarge Canada's Director of Environment & Public Affairs, Robert Cumming
- Procore & Power of Platform with Raquel Casares Villaverde, Solutions Engineer at Procore
- Setting the Foundation for our Future Panel with experts from CarbonCure Technologies, Skanska, CO2Concrete, National Research Council of Canada, and Giatec
- Ready Mix Producer Perspective to Low Carbon Concrete with Juan Gonzalez, Manager of Strategic Development & Sustainability at U.S. Concrete
- Top 10 Ways to Reduce Concrete's Carbon Footprint with Lionel Lemay, Executive Vice President, Structures and Sustainability, at the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- Embracing Sustainable Technologies with Zoë Kolbuc, Vice President, Sustainable Development Technology Canada
"The data shows that if we're going to collectively reach the goals of the Paris Agreement, we need to accelerate the transition toward Net Zero Construction, and we need to do it now. The Net Zero Construction Conference provides builders, designers, policymakers, and product manufacturers with tangible solutions to start decarbonizing today," says Christie Gamble, Senior Director of Sustainability for CarbonCure Technologies.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to discuss and share their passion for environmentally friendly concrete and construction practices via virtual networking.