Speaker lineup released for first People, Plants and Paving digital conference
The sixty-session lineup for the first ever "People, Plants and Paving" digital conference has been. The sessions, ranging across five different tracks, feature a number of the asphalt paving industry's best and brightest.
"National Asphalt Pavement Association members and stakeholders have a lot to gain from this lineup," said NAPA President & CEO Audrey Copeland, P.E., Ph.D. "We selected these individuals based on the quality of the content, their expertise, and their ability to present it effectively in a virtual environment."
"As most asphalt paving professionals and business owners already know, getting asphalt laid down is barely half of the business," said World of Asphalt Show manager, Brittany Weltcheff. "That's why we're also heavily focused on helping these businesses find the right people to do it, how to keep them once they have them, how to keep them safe and healthy, and how to run their businesses effectively and sustainably."
The People, Plants, and Paving Digital Conference sessions include:
- People: 10 Commandments of Supervision - Larry Kokkelenberg (Organization Trainers & Consultants).
- Plants: Pavement Design for Practitioners - Trenton Clark (Virginia Asphalt Association) and Michael H. Huner, PE (Huner Constulting, LLC)
- Paving: Best Practices for Residential and Commercial Paving - Brian Hall (LeeBoy).
- Pavement Preservation: Choosing the Right Pavement Preservation Treatment - Jim Moulthrop (Foundation for Pavement Preservation) and David Peshkin (Applied Pavement Technology, Inc.).
- Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability: Getting the Green Into Your Paving Job - Sustainable Construction Practices for Asphalt Pavements - Adam Hand (University of Nevada - Reno) and Steve Muench (University of Washington).
Many sessions qualify for Professional Development Hours.