"A dedicated material handler is purpose-built for these applications, compared with modifying an excavator to fit into these segments," said Matthew McLean, product manager of excavators for Volvo CE. "Now we've added a second machine to our line-up with the EW200E MH, which is perfect for light and medium material handling like plastic, household waste and scrap."
The 26-ton EW240E material handler, introduced in 2018 for medium-duty applications, now has a 23-foot, 9-inch straight boom, which is over two feet longer than the previous model. When combined with the existing 16-foot, 5-inch gooseneck arm, the new total reach is over 39 feet.
The EW200E MH shares many components with the EW240E MH and other Volvo wheeled excavators.
Hydraulics matched to the Volvo engine allows the machines to find the sweet spot between engine speed and hydraulic efficiency. The boom float function and boom cylinder dampening minimize vibration and hold the grapple in place for increased stability. The grapple control and soft swing system work together for instantaneous response and smooth precision.
In addition, Volvo material handlers offer application-specific features to increase productivity, uptime and operator comfort:
- Option of four stabilizers (front blade and rear outrigger as standard)
- Cab can be raised more than 16-feet above the ground
- Cab has double-damped mounts to reduce noise and vibration
- Outriggers, blade and cab-raising functions can be completed without removing hands from joysticks
- Factory-installed auxiliary circuits enable sorting grabs and orange peel grapples
- Adjustable arm-in and height limitations
- Comfort Drive Control provides the ability to drive up to 12 mph using the roller on the joystick
- Can be ordered without the steering column, which allows the operator to control the machine using only the joysticks
- Auto idle and auto engine shutdown to help to reduce fuel consumption
- Optional solid rubber tires
- Optional waste package: protective screens and a reversible fan
- Optional Smart View feature for bird's eye view of machine
The EW200E MH and EW240E MH are eligible for a free year of