DPL Telematics releases battery powered GPS tracking system for remote asset monitoring
DPL Telematics has released the AssetView Max tracking system. AssetView Max is an advanced solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of any powered or unpowered asset to improve logistics, manage inventory and curb theft. The long lasting, portable GPS unit is completely self-contained and may be hidden on any asset, installing in seconds.
The AssetView Max allows owners to remotely monitor any asset accurately from an intuitive, Internet-based software package and mobile app. The unit is the first telematics product of its kind to feature:
- No external wiring or antenna, allowing quick, unwired attachment to any asset in a true "hide and track" installation
- Tamper detection with immediate text and email alerts if the unit is removed
- Internal battery power, powered by 2 x D 3.6 V batteries that are customer replaceable
- Long battery life that is self-powered for up to 10 years on daily updates, up to 2 years on more detailed tracking
- IP 67 rated and UV stabilized design that is waterproof for deployment in harsh environments
- Compact and portable size, measuring only 8.8"x 3.6"x 1.6"
- Wireless, two-way communication allows users to activate recovery mode or set movement alerts over the air from the software or mobile app
- Month to month agreement with no long-term contract
- Little to no sky view required, so it may be hidden inside or under most assets
- Dual GPS and GLONASS positioning provides faster, more accurate locations by utilizing twice as many satellites as traditional GPS devices
- Global cellular coverage allows users to track assets across borders
The AssetView Max combines multiple technologies to maximize battery life while operating and remaining active in extremely low power modes. The unique solution is a powerful tool to reduce theft, prevent loss and manage inventory.
The Max is powered by 2 x D LTC "off the shelf" batteries, rather than requiring constant charging or proprietary batteries. Low power notifications remotely alert customers if the batteries get low so they know when to change them, well in advance of depletion. To prevent tampering, the unit immediately notifies via text and email if the unit is removed from the host asset and delivers a mapped location of the event.
"The AssetView Max is the longest lasting, self-contained GPS tracking solution available delivering nearly a decade of battery life without sacrificing two-way communications or real time alerts. Its rugged design and affordable price point allow anybody to easily track nearly anything, regardless of its power source," said Tony Nicoletti, VP of Sales and Business Development at DPL Telematics. "Customers control their monthly subscription with the option to deactivate and reactivate as needed without penalty, which is ideal for seasonal or demand-based usage."
The new Volvo EC950F crawler excavator was made for large haulers. In fact, it can fill our 60-ton A60H haul truck in just four bucket passes with an average cycle time of just over a minute. With the perfect pair from Volvo, you can improve efficiency, burn less fuel and keep your haulers moving.
Watch these two powerful machines load four passes in just over a minute.