2021 Chevrolet Silverado HD receives host of updates, offers 36,000 pounds of max towing
Building upon the strength of Chevrolet's heavy-duty truck lineup, the Silverado HD receives significant updates and enhancements for the 2021 model, including a properly equipped 3500 HD diesel with gooseneck hitch offering an available max tow rating of 36,000 pounds and a multitude of trailering technology features.
Increased max towing capability
For 2021, Chevrolet engineers increased the max towing capacity by 500 pounds for an available max tow rating of 36,000 pounds on the Silverado 3500 HD work truck, regular cab, dual-rear-wheel, two-wheel-drive models equipped with the available 6.6L Duramax diesel and 10-speed Allison transmission and gooseneck hitch with a Max Tow Package.
Hardware updates to the suspension and packaging changes to the wheels helped achieve the new tow rating, which is certified to SAE J2807 standards.
Enhanced trailering tech
The Silverado HD offers up to 15 unique camera views and eight cameras for towing confidence. For 2021, Chevrolet's enhanced trailering technology is also available on the 2021 Silverado 1500, including:
- Trailer length indicator: When making a lane-change maneuver with the turn signal activated, a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer is shown on the centre console screen, which can help show when other vehicles are present.
- Jack-knife alert: Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and provides an alert if a potential jack-knife situation is imminent.
- Cargo bed view enhancement: Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are now available, which help to align and hook up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
- Rear trailer view now features guidelines: Enhanced to include assisting guidelines when backing a compatible trailer into place and a trailer-angle indicator shows the relationship between the truck and trailer.
- Rear side view enhancement: Provides a split view, automatically biased based on the trailer's angle, of the left and right sides of the truck and compatible trailer. This view was previously only available while driving forward and is now available in Reverse for better visibility when positioning a trailer.
Chevrolet trucks offer a variety of special editions to meet customers' interests and demands, and for 2021 the Silverado HD welcomes four unique versions to the HD lineup.
- Carhartt edition: the Carhartt Edition is offered exclusively on the LTZ and features all-weather floor liners with the Carhartt badge, along with exclusive two-tone Jet Black and Carhartt Brown leather-appointed seats featuring unique stitching and Carhartt embroidered headrests. Outside, The Carhartt edition comes exclusively in Mosaic Black Metallic with Carhartt pinstripe detailing, Carhartt badging on the doors and tailgate, 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires and a soft roll-up tonneau cover embossed with the Carhartt logo. Body-colour grille bar and chrome inserts, along with body-colour front and rear bumpers, further add to the distinctive exterior styling and the truck's overall presence.
- Midnight edition: Available on black LT and LTZ trims, Midnight Edition offers an intimidating blacked-out appearance from tip to tail including the grille bar, grille inserts, skid plate, Silverado badging and standard 18-inch aluminum wheels with aggressive mud-terrain tires, or available 20-inch wheels.
- Z71 Sport edition: Available on LT and LTZ trims, the Z71 Sport Edition offers an aggressive monochromatic look with colour-matched bumpers, grille bar and black door handles. Exclusively available in Red Hot, Summit White or Northsky Blue exterior paint, it also features black accents including Silverado badging, skid plate, mirror caps, hood vent and black 18-inch wheels with mud-terrain tires or black 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires.
- Z71 Chrome Sport edition: Available on LT and LTZ trims, Z71 Chrome Sport Edition features body-colour bumper and grille bar with chrome accents to door handles, skid plate, grille insert, assist step and badging. Only available in Summit White and Black, Z71 Chrome Sport comes with 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with Grazen metallic accents, or 20-inch polished aluminum wheels on LTZ.
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.