DPL Telematics system features anti-tamper battery powered GPS tracking
DPL Telematics has released the AssetView Max Tracking System, an advanced solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of any powered or unpowered asset to improve logistics, manage inventory and curb theft.
The AssetView Max allows owners to remotely monitor any asset accurately from an intuitive, Internet-based software package and mobile app. The unit is the first telematics product of its kind to feature:
• No external wiring or antenna. Quick, unwired attachment to any asset in a true "hide and track" installation
• Tamper detection. Immediate text and email alerts if the unit is removed
• Internal battery power. Powered by 2 x D 3.6 V batteries, customer replaceable
• Long battery life. Self-powered for up to 10 years on daily updates, up to 2 years on more detailed tracking
• Waterproof for deployment in harsh environments
• Compact and portable size. Measuring only 8.8"x 3.6"x 1.6", it may be rotated between company assets and hidden easily
• Wireless, two-way communication. Activate recovery mode or set movement alerts over the air from the software or mobile app
• Little to no sky view required. May be hidden inside or under most assets
• Dual GPS and GLONASS positioning. Faster, more accurate locations by utilizing twice as many satellites as traditional GPS devices
• Global cellular coverage. Track assets across borders
The AssetView Max combines multiple technologies to maximize battery life while operating and remaining active in extremely low power modes. The solution is a powerful tool to reduce theft, prevent loss and manage inventory. The Max is powered by 2 x D LTC "off the shelf" batteries, rather than requiring constant charging or proprietary batteries. Low power notifications remotely alert customers if the batteries get low so they know when to change them, well in advance of depletion. To prevent tampering, the unit immediately notifies via text and email if the unit is removed from the host asset and delivers a mapped location of the event.
The AssetView Max's proprietary TruTrace Adaptive Tracking technology increases its reporting frequency when movement is detected and automatically reduces it when stationary. This intelligence delivers long battery life while actively alerting on curfew violation, movement or geofence breach as well as allowing the user to switch to "Recovery Mode" over the air.
"The AssetView Max is the longest lasting, self-contained GPS tracking solution available delivering nearly a decade of battery life without sacrificing two-way communications or real time alerts. Its rugged design and affordable price point allow anybody to easily track nearly anything, regardless of its power source," said Tony Nicoletti, VP of Sales and Business Development at DPL Telematics. "Customers control their monthly subscription with the option to deactivate and reactivate as needed without penalty, which is ideal for seasonal or demand-based usage."