Ritchie Bros.' IronPlanet marketplace experiences busiest summer ever
"The ease and comfort of buying and selling online has grown exponentially over the last several months," said Ann Fandozzi, Chief Executive Officer, Ritchie Bros. "Sellers need to reach buyers beyond their local market to maximize results and buyers are willing to go the extra mile in search of a deal."
Ms. Fandozzi continued, "In an ever-increasing 'no touch world' we have adapted to make sure our customers can get the equipment they need safely and efficiently. We offer inspection reports backed by IronClad Assurance, tons of photos, service records, and anything else a buyer may need to feel comfortable prior to bidding online."
In first half of 2020, Ritchie Bros. has sold more than 308,000 items across all its platforms. More than 6.1 million bids were placed on these items, selling to buyers from 140 different countries. Online sales highlights include:
- A 2010 Caterpillar D10 dozer sold from Australia for US$346,000+
- A 2017 Soilmex SR30.23 EVO crawler-mounted piling drill rig from Australia sold for US$315,000+
- A John Deere 859M track feller buncher from Washington, USA sold for US$315,000
- A Rheinwerft self-propelled seagoing barge w/ a 2014 Sennebogen 7700 crawler crane located in Germany sold for US$2.83 million
- A 2012 Caterpillar 6040 front shovel from the Netherlands sold for US$2.82 million
- A 120-acre industrial property in California, USA sold for US$1.88 million