CASE telematics platform helps simplify fleet management and track assets
CASE Construction Equipment has released the next generation of its SiteWatch telematics platform with an all-new dashboard, more intuitive navigation and new overview sections that spotlight critical information without requiring the user to search extensively for the data.
CASE SiteWatch comes standard for three years on all CASE heavy equipment with ProCare, standard on all CASE backhoes, and is available as an option throughout the entire CASE equipment line. SiteWatch also complies with the Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP) 2.0 telematics standard, ensuring that the solution is compatible with mixed fleets.
"Telematics data from construction equipment only helps if it's easy to engage with and easy to understand when it's presented to you," says Richie Snyder, product marketing manager for construction equipment digital and precision solutions and telematics, CASE. "The new CASE SiteWatch telematics platform presents users with a high level of critical data on a very clear and intuitive dashboard, and then puts all critical machine and performance data within just a click or two, whether you're at your desk or on your tablet in the field."
The new dashboard features an easy-to-read horizontal menu at the top of the screen above five widgets that focus on core operating information such as an equipment summary, equipment search, fuel level reports and alarm status. An easy dropdown menu makes critical reports on factors such as equipment utilization, fuel consumption and maintenance just a click away, and topline menu buttons take users immediately to fleet and maintenance overviews. Additional reports highlighting specific alerts and fault codes are also available.
CASE is easing the transition for longtime users by making it possible to switch from the new SiteWatch interface to the previous version for a limited time with a dedicated icon in the upper right corner of the program.
SiteWatch helps fleets of all sizes work more efficiently in many ways, including:
- Simplified fleet management: Always know where each machine is, what its working status is and if maintenance or service is required.
- Analyzing workload and productivity: Telematics gives fleet managers and business owners perspective into how equipment is operating, and whether they are getting the most out of their equipment and crew on each project.
- Real-time alerts/alarms: Time for an oil change? Engine temps running outside of the preferred operating range? Did a machine move outside of a geofence on a Sunday? Fleet managers and business owners receive alerts in real time to make them aware of machine conditions that require attention.
- Improved billing and estimating: SiteWatch provides users with an accurate historical view into the amount of time/hours each machine is used on each job, which can proactively help you bid and estimate jobs more accurately, and retroactively assist in billing.
- Locate equipment: Not sure which crew has a skid steer, or which jobsite the wheel loader is on? SiteWatch will tell you.
- Prevent unauthorized use: The unauthorized use of construction equipment opens its owners up to liability, not to mention the added wear and tear that unauthorized use puts on a machine. Whether geofenced with alerts, or simply identified through retrospective reporting, SiteWatch identifies and alerts equipment owners to the unauthorized use of valuable assets.
- Equipment security: Telematics helps locate stolen equipment — which, if recovered and returned by the authorities, is much less expensive than the resulting downtime and replacement costs.
More from Construction Technologies
A bottleneck of haulers waiting to be loaded is inefficient. Idle machines burn unnecessary fuel, increase maintenance costs and decrease resale values when you're ready to trade them in.
When you pair the new Volvo EC950F crawler excavator and A60H articulated hauler, you can load trucks faster. The EC950F can utilize a 10-yard bucket to fill a 60-ton capacity A60H in only four passes — reducing passes lowers fuel consumption and drastically speeds up cycle times to keep your haulers moving. See how the massive EC950F and A60H improve cycle times and more to boost your profitability.