Las Vegas Convention Centre expansion reaches new milestone
Construction workers began the extensive process of pouring 600,000 square feet of concrete flooring in the main exhibit hall
Construction workers on behalf of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) commenced the extensive process of pouring 600,000 square feet of concrete flooring in the main exhibit hall in the new West Hall expansion of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC).
The process will take between four and five months to complete and is a major step forward in the expansion construction, which is now 77 percent complete.
The Las Vegas Convention Center's $980 million West Hall expansion will add 1.4 million square feet of space to the existing 3.2 million square foot campus. In addition to the exhibit hall, the expansion will feature an outdoor plaza and a grand atrium.
The expansion is slated for completion in December 2020.
Concrete pour & expansion by the numbers
- 75 million lbs. of concrete used to fill the exhibit hall floor
- This will require approximately 1,800 trips by fully loaded concrete trucks
- The exhibit hall floor is a 10-inch reinforced concrete slab, capable of supporting the LVCVA's largest trade show exhibits.
- The concrete pour will take four to five months to complete
- The Exhibit floor includes plumbing, electrical, and data infrastructure so exhibitors can connect without the use of on ground wiring
- 2,173,337: Hours of work crews have logged since construction began in 2018
- 1.4 million: Square feet of space the LVCC expansion will add to the existing 3.2 million square feet of space at the LVCC
- 333: Number of volleyball courts the 600,000 square-foot expansion hall could accommodate
- 328,000: Square feet of space in the new exhibit hall that will be column-free, the largest column-free space in North America
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.