Komatsu's intelligent Machine Control (iMC) is a suite of features that utilizes advanced machine technology—some of it patent-pending—to increase dozer productivity.
CONEXPO visitors saw Komatsu's iMC 2.0 capabilities on the industry's newest and largest intelligent hydrostatic transmission (HST) dozer, the D71PXi-24, making its global premier at this week's show. The D71 was displayed in the Smart Construction section of Booth N-10825.
The suite of productivity features that comprise Komatsu's intelligent Machine Control 2.0 include:
Patent-pending proactive dozing control
- Automatically cuts/strips from existing terrain like an experienced operator
- Can operate automatically 100% of the time
- Measures the terrain it tracks and uses that track-level data to plan the next pass
- Over 60% more productive than the previous generation*
Patent-pending lift layer control
- Automatically spreads fill from existing terrain with one press of a button
- Measures the terrain it tracks over and uses that data to plan the next pass
- Doubles production and achieves consistent layers for quality compaction
Tilt steering control
- Automatically tilts blade to maintain straight travel during rough dozing
- Reduces the need for operator steering input by up to 80%
Quick surface creation
- Creates a temporary design surface with one press of the button
- Combined with other iMC 2.0 functions, operators can begin stripping or spreading using automatic modes while waiting for finish grade mode
Within the year, intelligent Machine Control 2.0 will be commercially available on additional Komatsu dozers.
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.