Paladin expands mini-excavator capabilities with brush cutter attachment line
MX-Series combines size, performance, safety and durability
Paladin is expanding its offerings for mini-excavators with a new line of brush cutters, the MX Series, which will be available in April.
The MX Series incorporates many of the same design principles as Paladin's very successful GroundShark series, extending those principles into the mini-excavator space. The MX Series is compatible with 3- to 8-ton-class mini excavators, and facilitates a variety of applications, including over-fence brush management, embankment and ditch management, and rail right-of-way management.
With a solid formed T-1 steel deck and reversible AR400 cutting blades, the MX series can efficiently process brush and trees up to 6 inches in diameter. Equipped with Paladin's bolt-on mounting system, it offers seamless configuration to a variety of coupling systems; if coupling requirements change, units can be quickly and easily reconfigured without welding or grinding, even in the field.
Safety features include:
- Heavy-duty hinged debris shield retracts when the head is engaged with trees and brush, exposing the blades and allowing for aggressive cuts at maximum blade engagement.
- Fore and aft curtain shielding dampens debris projection and gives operators more control, making it easier to operate in areas where debris projection is a concern.
- Automatic hydraulic braking stops blade rotation 10–15 seconds after the machine is turned off, making it faster for operators to get out of the cab.
- Direct-drive hydraulic motor with heavy-duty bearing housing, ensuring long hydraulic life.
- All models operate without a case drain, for maximum versatility across machines.
- Powder coat finish, for maximum rust and erosion protection.