Giatec redesigns SmartRock concrete sensor
Giatec has completely re-designed its flagship product, SmartRock. The company says it is the most powerful concrete sensor on the market.
As the first wireless sensor introduced to the market in 2015, SmartRock provides a concrete maturity sensor for accurate monitoring of concrete curing and hardening. Unlike break tests or wired sensors, Giatec's maturity sensor uses an ASTM-approved testing method that results in faster, safer, and more economical concrete construction.
The newly engineered sensor's wireless signal range is now five times stronger and is able to collect data from 40 feet away through concrete with the option to access data remotely via a local hub. With a complete revamp to the sensor's design and updated activation and QR code tagging method, the wireless, fully embedded device is robust and secure.
Key features updated with the premium SmartRock sensor include:
- Re-engineered sensor: simpler to implement and use onsite.
- New mobile application: completely rebuilt using input from 7,000 monthly active users.
- Enhanced cloud-based dashboard: easily manage all projects in one place and gain deeper insights into the performance of concrete projects at every stage.
- More powerful artificial intelligence assistant, Roxi: eliminates human error by giving confidence in mix calibration data and in the accuracy of strength test results.
- New REST API interface: introducing the ability for more applications to link with the Giatec concrete testing platform.
More from Concrete Construction
A bottleneck of haulers waiting to be loaded is inefficient. Idle machines burn unnecessary fuel, increase maintenance costs and decrease resale values when you're ready to trade them in.
When you pair the new Volvo EC950F crawler excavator and A60H articulated hauler, you can load trucks faster. The EC950F can utilize a 10-yard bucket to fill a 60-ton capacity A60H in only four passes — reducing passes lowers fuel consumption and drastically speeds up cycle times to keep your haulers moving. See how the massive EC950F and A60H improve cycle times and more to boost your profitability.