Compact, affordable, battery powered GPS tracking from DPL Telematics
Innovative, self-contained system can last up to 3 years on AAA batteries
DPL Telematics has introduced the AssetView Mini Tracking System. AssetView Mini is an advanced solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of any powered or unpowered asset to improve logistics, manage inventory and curb theft. The tiny, portable GPS unit is completely self-contained and may be hidden on any asset, installing in seconds.
The AssetView Mini allows owners to remotely monitor any asset accurately from an intuitive, Internet-based software package and mobile app. According to the manufacturer, the unit is the first telematics product of its kind to feature:
- No external wiring or antenna. Quick, unwired attachment to any asset in a true "hide and track" installation
- Compact and portable size. Measuring only 3.3"x 2.5"x 0.94", it may be rotated between company assets and hidden easily
- Internal battery power. Powered by 3 x AAA 1.5V batteries, customer replaceable
- Long battery life. Self-powered for up to 3 years on daily updates, up to 6 months on more detailed tracking
- Wireless, two-way communication. Activate recovery mode or set movement alerts over the air from the software or mobile app
- IP 67 rated and UV stabilized design. Waterproof for deployment in harsh environments
- Month to month agreement. No long-term contract, deactivate and reactivate anytime without penalty
- Little to no sky view required. May be hidden inside or under most assets
- Dual GPS and GLONASS positioning. Faster, more accurate locations by utilizing twice as many satellites as traditional GPS devices
- Global cellular coverage, track assets across borders
The AssetView Mini combines multiple technologies to maximize battery life while operating and remaining active in extremely low power modes. The unique solution is a powerful tool to reduce theft, prevent loss and manage inventory. The Mini is powered by 3 x AAA 1.5V "off the shelf" batteries, rather than requiring constant charging or a proprietary power source. Low power notifications remotely alert customers if the batteries get low so they know when to change them, well in advance of depletion.
The AssetView Mini's proprietary Adaptive Tracking technology increases its reporting frequency when movement is detected and automatically reduces it when stationary. This intelligence delivers long battery life while actively alerting on curfew violation, movement or geofence breach as well as allowing the user to switch to "Recovery Mode" over the air.
"The AssetView Mini is the smallest, self-contained GPS tracking solution available delivering long battery life without sacrificing two-way communications or real time alerts. Its tiny size and affordable price point allow anybody to easily track almost anything, regardless of its power source," said Tony Nicoletti, VP of Sales and Business Development at DPL Telematics. "Customers control their monthly subscription with the option to deactivate and reactivate as needed without penalty, which is ideal for seasonal or demand-based usage."
"Since the AssetView Mini has no wiring and uses readily available AAA batteries, customers can easily replace them anytime they are alerted that its power is getting low." added Nicoletti. "It is truly both an easy to use and easy to maintain tracking solution for virtually any asset to decrease loss exposure, better manage inventories and improve logistics."
More from Telematics
The all-new CASE TR340B compact track loader — operating at 90 horsepower with a 3,400-pound rated operating capacity — is the most powerful radial-lift CTL in the CASE lineup. Its all-new 8-inch LCD display improves on industry-leading CASE visibility with a new backup camera that is viewable in both forward and reverse operation. The display also showcases critical operating information and "trip" details. All-new electro-hydraulic controls, managed through the display, make it easier than ever for operators to dial CASE CTLs into specific application demands. All new cab controls and joysticks make the new TR340B easy to own and operate.
Industries such as construction, mining, energy, utilities and forestry, face many challenges when it comes to tracking assets and employees. Equipment often has to be transferred between locations, or monitored while it is dormant during off seasons. Lone workers may have to travel long distances or visit multiple sites during the course of their activities. And, all of this is further complicated today with shifting supply chains and economic realities putting further strain on the bottom line.