Allison begins production of transmissions for medium-duty Silverados
Offering commercial-duty features more common to heavy-duty trucks, Allison Transmission has begun production of 1000 Series and 2000 Series fully automatic transmissions specifically designed for Chevrolet's highly-anticipated Silverado 4500HD/5500HD/6500HD medium-duty trucks.
With proven durability and reliability in the medium-duty commercial truck segment, Allison Automatics will be paired with Chevrolet's Duramax diesel engine—a legendary combination that has powered nearly two million trucks.Among standard and available Allison transmission features in Silverado chassis cab trucks:
- Power Take-Off (PTO) option enables users to run power auxiliary equipment such as tow truck winches, hydraulic tools, dump truck bodies, water pumps, garbage truck compactors and bucket trucks
- Close-ratio six-speeds, with double overdrive, to climb challenging terrain and maximize fuel economy
- Available motorhome and emergency vehicle transmission applications. Allison Automatics allow rescue vehicles to get up to speed faster and ease the integration of body and pumping equipment
- Allison's patented Continuous Power Technology delivers smooth, seamless, full-power shifts, as well as superior acceleration in the Silverado
- Ideal integration with the Chevrolet's Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8. Under a collaborative engineering effort, the Allison 1000/2000 Series transmissions have been optimized to take advantage of the Duramax's stout 350 hp and 700 lb-ft of torque
- Allison FuelSense electronic controls for increased fuel economy and Dynamic Shift Sensing could be available for future releases
Allison Automatics provide the greatest value in the market by combining enhanced performance and fuel economy, greater operational flexibility, and improved driver comfort and control with industry-leading reputation for uptime and reliability. That's on top of some of the highest resale values in the business for Chevrolet trucks.
"Designed for high performance and low maintenance, the 1000 Series and 2000 Series transmissions matched with Chevrolet's Duramax diesel engines are an ideal combination, providing the precise power delivery and superior productivity commercial customers demand," said Heidi Schutte, vice president, global sales at Allison Transmission. "Chevrolet and Allison engineers worked closely to provide the optimal integration."
The Allison-equipped Chevrolet Silverado medium duty trucks are rated at up to 22,900 lbs GVWR and can be upfitted for urban delivery, construction, landscaping, emergency and numerous other commercial applications. Truck production is expected to begin in late 2018.
"The truck line and powertrain have generated a great deal of customer anticipation and fill a gap in the medium-duty space," said Tony Uebelhor, owner of Uebelhor & Sons Chevrolet in Jasper, Ind. "It's a very durable, heavy-duty transmission that will do the job in any commercial environment."
Allison transmissions have helped drive Chevrolet's hardest-working trucks since the 1950s.
"As a company, we are dedicated to engineering and manufacturing the most productive and reliable transmissions that improve the way our customers work," said Schutte.
One Allison Way
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.