Aquajet Systems AB is providing North American operators advanced training through its new Aquajet Academy. The Academy's Six Steps of Education training program includes six courses which cover all aspects of hydrodemolition, from streamlining work to cutting-edge techniques, allowing operators to increase jobsite efficiency and safety. Aquajet Systems specialists host the Academy program periodically throughout the year.
"We've always offered product training to ensure ease of use, but on a smaller scale. With the Aquajet Academy, we're helping contractors heighten their skills and advance their businesses with cutting-edge operating techniques," said Roger Simonsson, Aquajet Systems AB managing director. "This program helps hydrodemolition operators increase their bottom line by using the equipment, and accompanying attachments, to the fullest extent."
The training program incorporates individual courses offering more extensive training and adaptation to each customer's knowledge and experience:
• Products: During the two-day course operators get to know their hydrodemolition machine from the inside out. The course is both practical and theoretical. The practical portion gives operators hands-on experience setting up and maneuvering the machine while the theoretical course includes a deep overview of the operations manual.
• Hydrodemolition: The two-day course focuses on the concrete removal process. Operators will explore the robot's various programable settings and learn how to enhance precision and efficiency. This course also covers tips for increasing safety on the jobsite.
• Streamlining Work: Aquajet instructors spend two days at one of the customer's jobsites to adapt their training to suit the contractor's specific line of work.
• Safety and Technique: Often referred to as the most important part of the training program, this one-day course educates operators on the power and risks of the highly pressurized water used in hydrodemolition. It provides tips on how to best calculate pressure and flow and consider reaction force, as well as offers different techniques to get the job done in a safe and efficient way.
• Service: Operators spend a full day learning how to maintain and adjust the robot's components to ensure equipment longevity.
• Train the Trainer: This three-day course makes you a certified Aquajet instructor with the capability and knowledge to hold courses yourself. Requirements to take this course include being a distributor or customer of Aquajet, with at least one year of experience and obtain the required licenses.
Aquajet maintains small class sizes during each course, teaching approximately five students at a time to ensure a high level of individual attention and support. The course can also be adapted to specific operator skill levels and experience. For novice students, instructors will explain hydrodemolition basics before diving into the functionality of the Aqua Cutter robots. Skilled operators experience a more ambitious approach, which includes learning new techniques and specific settings that heighten efficiency.
"Our Aquajet Academy has been a huge success among our customers, with more than 60 companies having participated since we started the program in 2017," said Shawn Kirkpatrick, Aquajet Systems U.S.A. product and application specialist. "It has been remarkable to see the benefits our training has provided operators across the world. Contractors want to do their best while maintaining productivity and safety on the jobsite, and we're glad we can help them do that even better."
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.