Volvo Construction Equipment unveiled its latest innovation in mid-sized wheel loaders with the debut of the updated L90H wheel loader at World of Asphalt 2018. Volvo says that the H-Series 2.0 machine offers improved fuel efficiency, productivity, serviceability and ease of use over its predecessor and competitive products.
"The L90H wheel loader features updates to its transmission and torque converter that shorten cycle times and provide up to 20 percent greater fuel efficiency. It also has a higher tipping load and dump height," said Chris Connolly, product manager, wheel loaders at Volvo Construction Equipment.
Among the new features are:
• Delayed engine shutdown: reduces engine wear by avoiding hot turbo shutdowns.
• Electro-servo hydraulic controls: features adjustable sensitivity and allows operators to shift quickly between linear and single-lever controls.
• Torque converter lockup with selectable modes: lowers rpm and increases speed, saving fuel.
• New loader arm design: optimized design resulting in increased payload.
• Slidable cooler: provides easier access to remove dirt and debris.
• Rim pull control: reduces wheel spin and slippage, thereby saving fuel, reducing tire wear and improving productivity.
• Tipping load: increased by 3.4 percent increase over previous generation.
• Dump height: 3 inches higher than prior generation.
• External axle coolers: minimizes the risk of overheating and prolongs axle oil change interval.
• Smart Control: improves engine and hydraulic harmony, improves fuel efficiency and lowers driveline duty.
• Smooth Control: improves fuel efficiency and operator comfort during load and carry/transport.
Full H-Series 2.0 expansion
The L90H, as well as updated L60H and L70H models, will be available in late summer 2018. Note that all new features may not be available on all models and all new features may not be available at the same time for any given model.
In February, Volvo launched H-Series 2.0 updates on three larger models of wheel loaders: the L150H, L180H and L220H
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.