Tight tail swing performance and strong lift capacity from new Komatsu excavator
Komatsu America Corp. has introduced the new PC238USLC-11 hydraulic excavator. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine and a new viscous fan clutch, engine parasitic loads are now lower, and productivity up to four percent higher, compared to the previous model.
"The PC238USLC-11 maintains the tight tail swing radius of its predecessor, making it well suited for utility and highway applications working in confined spaces," said Andrew Earing, product manager, tracked machines, Komatsu America. "The machine's contoured cab profile and sliding door allows the cab to swing within the same radius as the counterweight. The additional counterweight remains standard, giving the PC238USLC-11 equal or better lift capacity than conventional models in the same size class," Earing said.
The PC238USLC-11 is available with Komatsu's new KomVision system, a birds-eye-view camera system that combines input from three cameras into a surround-view image of the machine and surroundings to provide improved operator situational awareness.Standard features of the new PC238USLC-11 include:
- Tier 4 Final certified engine technology:
- Powerful, efficient, SAA6D107E-3, 6.69L,167 net HP engine
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) added to reduce NOx emissions
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system, with Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) injection used to meet EPA Tier 4 Final requirements
- SCR catalyst does not require scheduled maintenance and is designed to match the life of the engine
New performance features include:
- Up to 4% greater productivity than the previous Dash 10 machine
- Maintenance made easier through monitor panel improvements and machine design that incorporates new Tier 4 Final technology
- KOMTRAX and monitor panel deliver vital machine data for easy monitoring and quick operator action
- New operator ID system provides KOMTRAX data to track operators, applications, and machine operation for up to 100 individual ID codes
- Six working modes (P, E, L, B, Att-P, Att-E) with energy-saving guidance incorporated into the monitor panel
- New temperature controlled viscous fan clutch reduces parasitic load on the engine
- Auto idle engine shut down helps reduce nonproductive engine idle time and reduces operating costs
As one of the latest models in the R2-Series excavator lineup, the Bobcat® E88 delivers durability, performance and quality for more productivity. Technically speaking, it's a compact machine, but it brings big performance with its redesigned engine and optimized lift performance, plus undercarriage and counterweight improvements. All these enhancements make this excavator one of the highest-performing models in its size class. With impressive over-the-side lift capacity, you can dig with greater confidence over the side of the machine. Put it to the test against similar models from other manufacturers. You'll see that the E88 can outwork the competition.