PCL Constructors Canada Inc. has been selected to build GE’s first multi-modal “Brilliant Factory” in Canada.
“As GE’s construction management partner, PCL is honoured to celebrate construction start and we congratulate GE and partners on their inspiring vision which is bringing investment to the Niagara Region,” said PCL Toronto senior vice president and district manager Mike Wieninger.
“In collaboration with our valued partners, we look forward to delivering this first-of-its-kind facility in Canada that will couple the company's long history of industrial innovation with cutting-edge data science and analytics expertise.”
The prime consultant team for the project includes:
- Architects: CSO Architects in joint venture with B+H Architects
- Construction Manager: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Structural Consultant: Entuitive / Thornton Tomasetti
- Mechanical/Electrical Consultant: H.H. Angus & Associates Ltd.
- Site Services: Lea Consulting Ltd.
Located in Welland, Ontario, the multi-modal facility will manufacture GE Power’s reciprocating gas engines, components for compression, mechanical drive, and power generation. Substantial completion is expected by year-end 2017, with production expected to begin in spring, 2018.