The HDB hydraulic breakers from Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas, Inc. includes 15 different models to fit multiple applications and machine sizes (up to 100 tons).
• A large chisel diameter increases the strength and durability of the chisel; four chisel options are available.
• For use on a Hyundai excavator, standard equipped mounting brackets match up perfectly with the Hyundai linkage. When used on other excavator brands, Hyundai dealers can fit custom mounting brackets for any machine.
• Large diameter tie bolt for high performance and optimum durability. Hoses connecting the inlet/outlet ports use a new adapter type that avoids bolt breakage and oil leakage.
• Auto-greasing feature protects moving parts from undue wear.
Massive breakers help create an artificial lake
Three Indeco breakers are involved in excavating over 400,000 cubic metres of rock near Quebec City
At Chutes a Charny, just a few kilometres from Quebec City and the city of Levis, three Indeco breakers are digging an artificial lake and performing other earthworks involving the excavation of over 400,000 cubic metres of rock. This is part of a project to convert what was a well-known local campground into a modern resort covering 150,000 square metres featuring permanent and temporary lots for RVs and mobile homes, small prefab buildings and parking.
FDT (Forage Dynami-tech) is a major contractor in Quebec that specializes in the use of explosives for excavation, drilling and blasting for artesian wells, and other types of work. FDT’s fleet of machinery and equipment includes Indeco breakers, which the contractor uses for all excavations and works to reduce the volume of rock either as a complementary method or as an alternative to blasting. FDT owns two HP 16000 breakers and an HP 25000 breaker that are being used to construct a new campground-resort.
As is often the case, the initial phase of the excavation used blasting as a technique, and then breakers were brought in to perform the actual excavation and reduction of the rock into transportable pieces. The rock, made up of grey limestone and schist with the presence of quartzite, was especially hard and abrasive in some areas. The material produced by excavating for the lake and by other jobs, amounts to over 400,000 cubic metres. Approximately 150,000 cubic metres will be used in situ for the construction of embankments of roads and parking areas and the rest traded by the owner for other building materials (wood, cement, asphalt, etc.) needed to complete the works. As the rock is not the product of an actual mining activity, it cannot be sold according to local laws.
A double advantage
Philippe Paradis, owner of FDT, said that the choice of Indeco breakers was based on the manufacturer’s reputation in the market, especially its expertise in the production of large breakers like the HP 16000, and the fact that they are the only manufacturer to offer a breaker like the HP 25000.
“These breakers not only enable us to produce more,” he said, “but according to the code for tenders and contracts in force here in Quebec, they also allow us to command a higher rate compared to smaller equipment, a double advantage of no small importance. Reliability and productivity are an unquestionable strength of these attachments. Also, the service provided by Indeco dealer SMS is another important consideration because we know that any need, whether related to service or simply to the optimization of the excavator–breaker setup, will be met with a quick and professional response.”
Both the HP 16000 and the HP 25000 are highly appreciated in the mining sector because they are a valid alternative to blasting when it comes to productivity and operating costs.
Today, Indeco is the only producer who puts out a breaker with 25,000 joules that maintains the versatility and agility of breakers of a lower class. With a speed that can reach 460 blows per minute and a tool measuring 216 mm, the HP 25000 boasts spectacular productivity in fracturing and demolishing rock.
Like all Indeco breakers, the HP 18000 features optimum efficiency thanks to an excellent ratio between input and energy yield. In addition, the breaker is fitted with the ABF system (anti-blank firing), a patented technology only offered by Indeco, that significantly improves efficiency and increases the life of the breaker.
More from Attachments
The HDB hydraulic breakers from Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas, Inc. includes 15 different models to fit multiple applications and machine sizes (up to 100 tons).
Rammer Series boom-mounted hydraulic hammers by Allied Construction Products reflect over 70 years of experience in high performance, high-efficiency hammers known for exceptional productivity and reliability.
• Mid- and large-range models – designed for carriers from 26,500 to 176,400 pounds – feature advanced hydraulics and deliver high productivity when breaking boulders, removing slag, tunnelling, open pit mining, secondary breaking, and trenching.
• Superior design, including advanced hydraulics and an ultra-strong housing to deliver extended life and greater return on investment. Slip-fit tool bushings for easy replacement.
• Features top-down lubrication, underwater adaptation and a VIDAT System that reduces operating costs, extends operating life and minimizes downtime.
These new nitrogen breakers from Bobcat deliver powerful impact energy and are built to high-quality standards with a simplified design that makes attachment maintenance easy.
• The six models have minimal internal parts, a single lower bushing and easily accessible grease ports.
• Each of these design features reduces maintenance requirements and makes rebuilds easier.
• The unique valve design of the breakers lessens hydraulic pressure fluctuation, which reduces stress on the carrying equipment's hydraulic pumps.
Connect Work Tools has expanded their attachments for the demolition and construction industries with the addition of the CWP Pulverizer. "The CWP Pulverizer is a great addition to our line of hydraulic attachments. Durability, reliability, and affordability are all traits we demand of our products, and the CWP Pulverizer falls right in line with the rest of our product offerings," indicates Dave Cowen, North American Sales Manager.
A U.S.-based minerals company recently began using an ALLU Transformer M 3-20 material processing attachment in its Middleton, Tennessee, montmorillonite clay mine. The company purchased the mine-duty M-Series screener-crusher attachment from ALLU to use with its Hitachi 650 excavator in order to crush mined clay down to 4-in-minus and simultaneously load haul trucks. The ALLU Transformer is allowing the facility to mine land it could not previously mine, as well as process clay from boulders. The ultimate goal is to eliminate the primary crusher in the plant. The processed material is used for production of cat litter and absorbent clay for oils.
ShearCore's Fortress Cracker is a primary demolition shear with the ability to do secondary demolition.
• Narrow Stick body for improved visibility.
• Removable isolated bottom cover provides exceptional access to all serviceable components.
• Unique pin retention eliminates weld-on cylinder pin keeper.
• Tight blade clearances allow rebar to be processed throughout the entire jaw length.
• Full-length side plates are machined from solid three-inch high-yield structural plate steel resulting in no weld seams.
For use with excavators in the 11- to 44-ton range, these NPK grabs' high durability and low maintenance cost make them highly efficient for sorting and recycling C&D waste.
• High tension, special wear steel.
• 360-degree hydraulic rotation.
• They have a wide jaw opening and offer high closing force.
• Fully encased, easily accessible hydraulic components.
• Adjustable rotation speed and opening/closing speed
• Interchangeable and reversible cutters.
• Optional side covers and/or arm covers for loading activities and optional breaker plates for special demolition jobs.
These multi-purpose hydraulic attachments from Epiroc are for primary demolition and secondary reduction of concrete structures, as well as for cutting steel structures.
• For carriers 33,000 pounds to 188,000 pounds (16.5 tons to 94 tons).
• Two powerful hydraulic cylinders deliver constant closing forces with short open-close cycle times.
• Low noise, low vibration.
• 360-degree endless hydraulic rotation to allow optimal positioning and precise handling.
• Replaceable and reversible cutting blades with attachments that can be equipped with different type jaws.
For use with excavators in the 21 to 50 ton range, these attachments from NPK easily crush through reinforced concrete allowing for faster, more efficient separation of concrete and steel rebar for primary and secondary demolition.
• Abrasion-resistant, high-strength alloy steel teeth decreases wear and increases durability.
• Optional 360-degree power rotation for maximum versatility.
• NPK's exclusive hydraulic intensifier system provides faster cycle times while requiring less flow and pressure from the carrier when compared with units using larger cylinders.
• Bolt-on replaceable tooth plate on the movable jaw.
• "A" models also utilize bolt-on tooth plate on the fixed jaw.
These heavy-duty, high-production tools from Caterpillar accept multiple interchangeable jaws for a variety of specialized demolition tasks.
• Speed booster technology dynamically shifts hydraulic force from speed to boost mode automatically during operation.
• Maximum crushing/cutting force is applied as soon as the jaw contacts material.
• Compact design keeps centre of gravity as close as possible to the machine for more power, even on a smaller excavator.
• Most cutting blades can be flipped in two ways, to use four different cutting edges for more production time per cutter.
ShearCore has introduced their new FS145 Mobile Shear, the largest in their product line of attachments for the demolition and scrap recycling industries. Lead Designer, Ross Christenson says "the FS145 shear has been designed with less welds, fewer pieces, and is structurally stronger."
Okada ORC Series rotating pulverizers are designed for both primary and secondary crushing operations.
• Unique double shell-shaped wedge provides exceptional crushing ability.
• Patented Okada speed valve for faster cycle times.
• Reversible 7.1-inch-long cutter blades.
• Hard facing on wear parts.
• Manufactured with Hardox 400 steel.
• 360-degree hydraulic rotation system.
• Bracket design protects components.
SnowEx has introduced its POWER PUSHER TE snow pushers for skid-steers, wheel loaders, backhoes and tractors. Available in 8- and 10-foot-wide models with large carrying capacities, the new snow pushers feature steel trip-edges to deliver cleaner scrapes and help operators get down to the pavement.
The AMI Kraken for excavators features a series of replaceable jaw teeth that are welded into place. Longer teeth in the centre of the jaws concentrate pressure across fewer points on the initial crush of concrete while the secondary teeth adeptly crumble the concrete into manageable pieces.
• Serrated pinch blades are made of Hardox 400 steel and provide the grip and precision required to pick up, hold and carry fine material.
• Nose and heel, made with Bruxite 500 hard-wearing steel, give the operator fine edges for managing concrete slabs, precast structures, walls, bridge decks and asphalt.
• Three over four jaw configuration.
• The three-position bracket allows the lower jaw's angle to adjust to three different positions.
This tool from Genesis enables excavator operators to change jaw sets in less than two minutes, without leaving the cab.
• Heavy-duty pivot design is integral to the jaw set, providing a power curve to match the jaw's primary application.
• Reverse-mounted cylinder protects the rod from debris.
• Short, flat-top head with bolt-on bracket shortens the centre of gravity, making it easy to change mounting for different carriers.
• Available in cracker and shear jaw configurations.
These pulverizers from BTI are designed for quiet, controlled demolition and recycling of concrete structures. The concrete pulverizer uses existing excavator hydraulics, so no additional circuits are required.
• Bolt-on replaceable teeth allow for quick change-outs in the field, reducing downtime.
• Each individual tooth is replaceable, saving on parts costs.
• Unique tooth design for outstanding penetration and fragmentation.
• Superior strength with wear-resistant steel for long life and durability.
Rotar's RG sorting/demolition grab is designed for intensive sorting and recycling.
• Double-walled grab trunnion with hardened, over-dimensioned pins.
• Available in open, half-open and closed teeth versions.
• Nine models for carriers 4,000 to 120,000 pounds.
• 0.13-cubic-yard to 1.96-cubic-yard capacities.
• Closing forces from 2,697 to 25,853 ft.-lbs.
• Hardox steel wear-resistant teeth.
Connect Work Tools will be adding pulverizers to their product lineup in 2019.
Allu D-Series screener crusher buckets work with wheel loaders, excavators, skid steers and backhoes.
Geith's heavy-duty buckets are suitable for light and heavy construction work as well as more demanding excavating conditions.
John Deere has introduced the GS66B, GS72B, GS78B, GS84B scrap grapple buckets and GR72B and GR84B rock grapple buckets.
Remu's PD-3160 extra-strong screening bucket is designed for the hardest work in the toughest jobsites, including demanding heavy-duty applications such as pipeline construction and trench backfilling.
Allu's screener is for compact base machines such as mini excavators, skid steers and backhoes.
Remu's EE/EP series of screening buckets includes eight different models for loaders and excavators ranging from 3 to 40 tons.
• Exert a maximum pressure as low as 110 bar (1,650 psi) and as high as 250 bar (3,750 psi).
• Offer bucket volumes ranging from 0.15 cubic metres (0.18 cubic yards) to 4.2 cubic metres (5.00 cubic yards).
• Facilitate maximum flows of 25 L/min (6 gal/min) to 235 L/min (60 gal/min).
• Screening areas range from 0.2 square metres (2.2 square feet) to 2.5 square metres (27 square feet).
The Graptor Bucket for excavators and backhoe loaders, from AMI Attachments, is ideal for handling large, heavy objects or grabbing bucketfuls of debris.
TEI's latest hydraulic drifter rock drill pairs with Brokk demolition machine to improve productivity and safety
Brokk has delivered a sleek, low-profile design and impressive power-to-weight ratio with the new MMB326 hydraulic drifter rock drill attachment from . This versatile attachment seamlessly pairs with the Brokk 300 and allows for drilling multiple sizes of holes – up to 3 inches – in concrete, rock and compact soil. The attachment is manufactured with a lightweight, compact TE326 drill head featuring patented technology to improve longevity and productivity.
NPK Construction Equipment (NPKCE), a subsidiary of Nippon Pneumatic Mfg. Co. LTD (NPK Japan), has announced the acquisition of Genesis Attachments LLC (USA), Genesis Holdings (Germany), and Genesis GmbH (Germany).
Kinshofer has expanded its extensive line of excavator attachments with the addition of the KSB-Series hydraulic breakers. The manufacturer announced the breaker series at World of Concrete 2019 with the acquisition of Hammer, an Italy-based manufacturer of demolition, excavation, recycling and material handling attachments.
John Deere has unveiled three new backhoe attachments to complement its full lineup of attachments. The BH9B, BH10B and BH11B were designed for operators handling light construction, agricultural, landscaping or utility work. Similar to other John Deere attachments, these backhoes are ideal for use on John Deere G-Series skid steers and compact track loaders.
Aimed at Volvo's larger excavators and wheel loaders, the new generation Volvo Tooth System features higher penetration, longer life - and an easy ‘hammer-less' fitting system.
Epiroc Bucket Screeners BS 1600 and BS 2200, with service weights of 1,710 kg (BS 1600) and 2450 kg (BS 2200), combine the best of modern design and sturdy construction to bring customers in the recycling and rock excavation business an even more complete solution.
As the global demand for fully automatic coupler systems is rapidly increasing, Genesis Attachments will from now on offer demolition work tools with SQ type adaptor plates directly from factory. The target is to increase productivity and reduce downtime for end users as the interface between work tools and adaptor plates can be made in a more efficient way with optimized hose routings directly from factory.
Engcon is developing its own tilt sensor for the market's most common excavator guidance systems. The new tilt sensor will provide a clear interface, cheaper installation and facilitate support.
Engcon is introducing a new generation of rock and sorting grapples. Engcon is the world's leading manufacturer of tiltrotators – a kind of tilting and rotating quick coupler for excavators. The new grapples will be on display at Bauma.
Fecon introduces the FRS15, the latest addition to their lineup of attachments for 16-24 ton excavators. Made of Hardox Steel, this shear attachment provides a 360° rotation, which gives operators more reach and access to the trees and reduces repositioning of machines. A 29.5" blade opening allows the FRS15 to shear trees to 18 inches in diameter, while an accumulator arm allows gathering and continuous shearing of smaller materials.
Engcon has launched production of the GRD70 grab cassette. Engcon has for some time been alone in producing a unique type of grab cassette. With a simple manoeuver that requires no screwing or manual connection of hydraulics, the excavator operator can connect or disconnect the grab cassette in less than one minute.
Currently available for the 1644 and 1732 high capacity telehandlers, SmartLoad Technology - featured by JLG Industries, Inc. at the ARA Showin Anaheim, California - will be available as an option on all JLG telehandlers over the next 12 months. SmartLoad is an advanced bundle of three integrated technologies that work together to increase operator confidence and optimize productivity. This award-winning system includes automatic attachment recognition, a load management information system and a load stability indicator.