Bentley Adds MANAGEservices Offering for Construction Managers through Acquisition of EADOC Cloud Services
Solution Uniquely Streamlines Construction Management While Providing Visibility into Costs
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, has announced that it has acquired the business of Oakland, Calif.-based EADOC, LLC, provider of construction management cloud services. This newest addition to Bentley’s offerings helps construction managers at engineering/construction management firms and infrastructure owner organizations with capital projects to easily reduce risk and staff hours, improve information quality, and provide owners with real-time visibility into costs. EADOC empowers facility owners to increase ROI through faster project completions, easily monitor project financial performance, and maintain detailed construction records without administrative staff.
EADOC enables construction management professionals to track construction project documentation including design clarifications, inspectors’ daily reports, special inspections, memos, action items, deficiency items, and schedules. EADOC also uniquely integratesproject cost controls, including budget, funding sources, contracts, schedule of values, pay estimates, change requests, and change orders, with this project information.
The solution, which is immediately accessible to the project team, provides fast access to documents and cost information from virtually anywhere. At the same time, it incorporates security features to make sure the right people have access to the right information.
Harry Vitelli, Bentley Systems senior vice president, construction and field, said, “We welcome the EADOC team, including founder Eric Law, to Bentley. Eric’s expertise will be invaluable as we advance ProjectWise for more comprehensive project delivery. In parallel, we will be extending EADOC’s information mobility, for instance, through Bentley mobile apps including Navigator Mobile and ProjectWise Worksite.”
Eric Law said, “As a former member of the Bentley Developer Network, our team is extremely pleased to now be part of Bentley. Together we can take information mobility across design and construction workflows, as well as into operations, to new levels for small and large organizations alike.”
EADOC, LLC was founded by Law in February of 2006. The idea for the EADOC construction management solution came from Law’s experience working for a large contractor on commercial and industrial projects as a project engineer. Users of EADOC include construction managers at:
- engineering/construction management firms – for example, Brown & Caldwell, Carollo Engineers, CH2M HILL, HDR, HNTB, Jacobs Engineering, MWH Constructors, and Arcadis;
- facility owners – for example, East Bay Municipal Utility District; City of Bend, Oregon; Lee County, Florida; Central Utah Water Conservancy District; and West Valley Mission Community College District.
The many benefits of the EADOC solution include improved:
- accessibility – keeping construction projects up to date with real-time information;
- accountability – providing faster return on investment;
- productivity – enabling time savings of up to 30 percent;
- efficiency – reducing costs;
- risk mitigation – tracking and controlling risk to mitigate cost and schedule impacts.