DPL Telematics Launches Multitrack, Portable Battery Powered Tracking System for Trailers and Smaller Assets
Innovative, self-contained GPS tracking solution installs in seconds and requires no external power or wiring
DPL Telematics, has announced the release of the MultiTrack system. MultiTrack is an advanced solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of any powered or unpowered asset to improve logistics, manage inventory and curb theft. The portable GPS unit requires no external wiring or antenna and may be hidden on any asset, installing in seconds.
The MultiTrack allows managers to remotely monitor any asset accurately from a robust, Internet based software package or mobile app. The unit is the first telematics product of its kind to feature:
- No external wiring or antenna. Quick, unwired attachment to any asset in a true “slap and track” type installation
- Internal battery powered. Up to 16 weeks of internal battery life between charges and completely recharges in 3 hours via wall plug
- Little to no sky view required. May be hidden inside or under certain assets
- Rugged, SAE J1455 compliant waterproof design. For deployment in harsh environments
- Compact and complete portability. May be rotated between company assets easily
As a locator, the MultiTrack notifies whenever the host asset begins moving as well as on demand and alerts during customer defined curfews whenever there is unauthorized activity. The portable solution is a powerful tool to reduce theft, prevent loss and manage inventory.
For a semi-permanent trailer tracking installation, an optional wiring harness may be used to extend the battery life. As a trailer tracking solution, the system is wired to the tail light circuitry to automatically charge whenever the trailer is hitched. When disconnected from power the unit uses its internal battery to communicate location, speed, travel time, route, unauthorized movement and tow alerts. The resulting combination powers intelligent, real time fleet management decisions for superior dispatching with improved pickup and delivery logistics, while decreasing trailer theft and misuse.